Kick-start your career with industry leaders, Midway. Take the chance to apply your technical learning and get hands-on experience while working alongside experienced and skilled professionals. Join the next generation of managers who’ll shape the future of the forestry industry in 2022. Grow with the leaders; apply today.
Midway is an export and forestry company involved in plantation ownership and management, logistics, processing and marketing forest products Australia wide. We are currently seeking a HSEQ Analyst to join the Technical Services team in Geelong.
The HSEQ Analyst position offers:
- Invaluable hands-on, practical experience
- Exciting, challenging and fulfilling role
- Contribute from day one with responsibilities in a dynamic team to challenge and develop your skills
Reporting to the Group Environment and Chain of Custody Manager, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
Administration and operation of the HSEQ Management System across our export sites, mills and forest-based activities to support certification, business requirements and compliance obligations including:
- Manage the Midway Group Responsible Wood Chain of custody for forest products AS4707 certification, including associated internal and external auditing, corrective actions, system development and maintenance.
- Conduct risk assessments
- Conduct incident reviews and investigation
- Conduct internal auditing and due diligence processes
- Maintain the HSEQ Management System. Ensure the system supports business and certification requirements, including availability and compliance reporting.
- Manage controlled documents system across the Midway group. Support migration of legacy system to SharePoint, and ongoing maintenance, including timely document review.
The successful applicant will be based at the corporate office in Geelong, and travel to sites in other states will be required.
The successful applicant will display the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualification (forestry, agricultural, environmental science or similar) and/or experience in forest certification
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as contributing to a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, Sharepoint, PowerBI)
- Current Victorian driver’s licence.
Midway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide an opportunity to work in a diverse and multicultural environment, and seek people who are innovative, goal oriented and can work in teams.
Position enquiries should be emailed to HSEQAnalyst@midwaylimited.com.au attention Steven Fox.
To apply for this position please email your cover letter and resume to HSEQAnalyst@midwaylimited.com.au
A pre-placement health assessment and reference check will be conducted prior to making an offer of employment.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Click here for further information and to apply.
Applications close Sunday 20th March 2022.